[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 5.5 standard to Enterprise upgrade

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 01:42:36 -0700 (PDT)

OK, so I have not gone down this route simply because the customer can not get hold of an exchange 5.5 enterprise media. I did the long process of archiving mail and doing a defrag. This worked cos I claimed bak about 4gb. this should carry us for about 2weeks. The issue now is that thier current environment is
Windows 2000 AD mixed mode
My question, can I install exchange 2003 onto windows 2000 AD mixed mode and then migrate the mailboxes over. I guess this would be the easiest way forward ? Any tips would be great, including whitepapers.
Ta Dave

Matt Maher <brassmonkeee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------I have a similar issue creeping up on us soon as well.

Does the Exchange 5.5 Standard DB dismount at 16,000,000kb or a TRUE
16GB (16,777,220kb)??

On 3/30/07, Dave stevens wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I have a client who is experiencing the 16gb limit, hence the need for an
> upgrade. Anyone got a ny docs on this and what to look out for.
> Environment: NT4.0, Exchange 5.5 Standard SP4.
> Can exchange 5.5 enterprise be installed on NT4.0 standard or does it
> require the enterprise.
> Ta
> Dave
> The Plan is to move them to exchange 2003 and AD 2003 soon, but we need to
> get mail backuo and running

Get your own web address.