RE: Exchange 5.5 restore from disaster

  • From: "Gonzalez, Thomas A." <Thomas.Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:58:33 -0500

do you mean EDB? I would try the following---------------create a new
server....load ex5.5 with the same configuration sp4 and post fixes and hot
fixes.....create the exact same site (DO NOT JOIN).....make sure the server
has the same name as the one that crashed......restore using NTbackup or
Veritas or what ever they used with the exchange agent.....restore the is/ds
and remove the following key ----
HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Restore in
Progress
and then run the consistency checker and isinteg -patch.

Thomas