Re: Exchange 5.5 re-build

  • From: "Simone" <sleal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 02:34:30 -0700

Hi Don,

I've never have this exactly problem, but in other circustances I did
somethings that can gives you some ideas.

First PF - You can make a pst like a backup (the permission won't be
copied) and then make a replica to the temporaly server. If this bad
server is the Home Server from PF's, after the replication you must change
this configuration in All Servers > Private Information Store properties >
Public folder Server; and in Top PF folder and all subfolders properties >
Advanced > Home Server. If the bad server isn't the PF Home Server, just
make a replica.

Mailboxes - you can make a Exmerge like a backup, consedering that you
don't know if your last backups are corrupted. Don't forget to use the
option to Copy the mailboxes and not to ARchieve. Then you can use the
Exchange Administrator to move the mailbox, since you sad that the bad
server are working normaly. The data corrupted probaly is in the database
or in the server. When you move the mailboxes just the data from mailboxes
are moved, you'll see a considering decrease in the new priv.edb size
compare with the old one.
If you prefer to use only the Exmerge, don't forget you have to delete the
accounts and recreate with a differente Home-Server, you can use the
Directory Export and Import, in the Exchange Administrator, to recreate
the accounts, change the column Home-server to the new one. And in this
situation when use the Exmerge copy the permissions too.

I hope this helps you a little bit.

Simone