RE: Exchange 5.5 on NT4 Multiple Domains

  • From: "Oluwaseyi Owoeye" <OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:01:29 +0100

I do not see why you need to setup 2 domains for this purpose, you can

1.      Set up a firewall
2.      Configure you LAN domain behind your firewall
3.      Setup you exchange, proxy, OWA, mailboxes behind the firewall
4.      Configure your firewall to allow  internet access to your proxy
server and configure your clients to browse via the proxy.
5.      Set your MX records to point to your firewall for email and
configure your firewall to send SMTP traffic to the exchange server
6.      Configure the recipient policy on the exchange box to send and
receive mails for the WAN domain.

With this setup you don't need any machine set up in the WAN domain and
exchange will just be configured to send and receive mails on behalf of
the WAN domain.

Lemme know if this helps