RE: Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2000 / AD in Native Mode

  • From: "Julio Danoviz" <jedanoviz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:33:34 -0300

It can be implemented, in fact I have many customers that have migrated to W2K
(native mode) but still use Exchange 5.5.

But you will experience problems if you install Exchange 5.5 on a DC, both use
LDAP port 389 for directory lookups. So the best solution is to install
Exchange on a Member Server or change the port it uses if you have no
alternatives to install it on a DC.

Julio E. Danoviz, MCSE(W2K-NT4) MCT