RE: Exchange 5.5 in a Windows 2000 / AD in Nat ive Mode

  • From: "Julio Danoviz" <jedanoviz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:22:05 -0300

Well Michael, your scenario involves many Q&A... infraestructure (physical and
logical), messaging, administration (central or distributed), domains, etc.
etc. and a lot of planning...

The big questions is where do you want to be tomorrow? Would you like a single
AD forest with a single domain and 7 sites, or 7 domains, or x forests with or
with out relation trusts? That depends on your infraestructure (type and speed
of links, etc) and political and administration issues. The same goes with your
messaging environment...

You can migrate AD from one forest to another, but it isn't a simple task,
there are a lot of considerations to take into account, and that depends on the
complexity of your infraestructure.

Regards,

Julio