Exchange 5.5 died....

  • From: "Greg" <ghermida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:52:53 -0700

Yesterday, our firewall was breached, the a trojan virus was placed on an
internal server, and basically ground the network to a halt.  In the  18
hour day and night long process, our win2k OS hosting the exchange app
took a header.  It's a single site, single 5.5, on a win2k server in a NT4
domain.  C:\ contained the programs, d:\ contained the public info store,
& e:\contained the private store.  When I rebuild the OS and reinstall
exchange, when I specify the where I want the DB's to end up (in the same
locale), will it find the existing public and private db's and overwrite
them?? Or will it find them, see that they exist, and take that into
account.  I have backups so I think I'm covered, I can always apply the
weekend full backup and apply the weekday incrementals, but I was hoping
to recover the damn thing a little quicker.