RE: Exchange 5.5 Upgrade to exchange 2000

  • From: "Vijay Dogra" <Vijay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:19:14 +0400

Hi Rob,
the simple solution i'll suggst for you is...
1. Install active directory connector on new w2k server with two way
connection aggrement to exchange 5.5 and w2k AD.
2. Install Exchange 2000  Join the existing 5.5 organisation.
3. use Active directory users and computers to move the mailboxes.
4. After moving the mailboxes move the connectors services like SMTP etc
to new server.
5. Move(replicate) the public folder to new server.
6. move the RUS recipeint update service.
7. Remove AD Connector. and finally remove the Exchange 5.5 server.
and u'll have the new e2k server with u
Vijay Dogra.