Re: Exchange 5.5 Restore - HELP

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:20:00 +0100

MessageHi Chris

Do you use the default recipient container?.This may not seem as dumb as you
may think. I got caught on this as someone had renamed the display name of the
original one and then created a new one with the same title as the original.
The problem is that the underlying Directory name is wrong so it never
populates form the consistency check. If so you will need to recreate it on the
restore server's Organisation. The hierarchy must be absolutely correct. You
should see errors in the event log?

I am assuming you created a new site but with the same name as the real one so
as not join the real site when installing Exchange to the restore server?
Sounds like you are restoring from an offline backup. Do you not have an online
one?

Let me know and I will try and help further as I have done this quite a few
times.

Bye for now.

Paul.