RE: Exchange 5.5 Problem with Alternate Recipients

  • From: "Susan Tackett" <susan_tackett01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:31:56 -0400

Örjan,

I am new to Exchange 5.5, so please forgive the simpleness of my questions...

When you say 'setup a Public Folder' is this a network folder or do you create a Public Folder in Exchange. If so, how do you create this Public Folder?

After this Public Folder is created where do you go to initialize the values for Default, Anonymous, and do you change the value in each user's Exchange profile?

Thanks so much for the help-

Susan

From: "exchange" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange 5.5 Problem with Alternate Recipients
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:17:33 +0200

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi there!

I would prefer a more flexible solution - set up a public folder, and set apropriate right:

Default: Contributor
Anonymous: Contributor
Your users: Editor perhaps?

Set the apropriate adress on the folder, and set up shortcuts in your users Outlook bar.

If you want to use mailboxes, make sure that the users have permissions on the 'top of information store' on the mailbox, or else they won't be able to see the mailbox.

Hope this helps,
Örjan