Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Upgrade

  • From: Lloyd Williams <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:44:58 -0500

I have an Exchange 5.5 server Enterprise edition I need to upgrade to
Exchange 2000 regular edition. I am pretty sure I cannot do an in place
upgrade as the version of 200 I have is standard. I was wondering if I could
migrate the mailboxes  to another server. However the other server would
have to have the same name. Is this possible If so is there a tech net
article that describes this.
The second problem would be the only available server would be a win 2003
server so I am thinking I would need to purchase exchange 2003. Is this
Help would greatly be appreciated
Lloyd Williams