Exchange 5.5 Disaster Recovery

  • From: "roloexe" <rstorio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:57:52 -0700

Is it possible for me to have 2 exchange servers running on same network.
My guess is, I can. I want it to work kind of like active directory. If
one fails the other continues with virtually no downtime. I guess the
important thing would be how I would get the info store db to replicate.
If not I could always restore from tape. or maybe stop all exchange
services on one and if the other fails, restore the info store on the
spare and turn on the Ecxhcange serveices back on. Not sure how to go
about it or what the best method would be to recovery from a disaster.
Does anyone know how to get me started? Any help would greatly be
appreciated. I am currently running Exchange 5.5 on a dedicated server
(not a PDC/BDC) running W2k SP4. Thanks.