Re: Exchange 5.5 Defragmentation

  • From: "Rob Freeman" <sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:45:57 -0600

MessageMicrosoft does not support running the defrag across the network.  Bad
things can happen in doing this.  It seems you have 2 options:

A) Install another drive in the existing exchange computer and use it

B) Copy the database to a computer that has room, and defrag it on that machine.

Hope that helps

Rob Freeman
Fleetone