Exchange 5.5 Backup with ArcserveIT 6.6

  • From: "Lowtech" <noknowledge_45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:35:28 -0700

Hi,

I have a problem backing up exchange 5.5 with arcserve 6.6.  I have all
the client and exchange agents installed but keep getting the followint
error:

E8602 "failed to read from database. EC=DBagent Error - (301). Exchange
Server Error. HrBackupPrepare Failed. Check DBagent Activity Log.

E8604 "Failed to start backup. EC=DBAgent Error--()"error status in named
pipe"

I am not getting any help from CA at all.  Infact, I keep tellig them that
all thier solutions do not help but they keep giving me the same solution
over and over again.  Has anyone else come across this problem before?  I
can do a brick level backup but in the long run I want to also back up the
database for disaster recovery.

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you,

Lotech.