Exchange 2k3 problem

  • From: "Bob" <bob.hall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:32:49 -0600

Ok,

I have two Exchange 2k3 servers and two Exchange 5.5 servers. I origianlly
rolled the first one at my UK facility. The second was rolled at one of my
US facilities. Both were talking and working well with the whole
enterprise, the 2k3 and 5.5 servers. When I originally rolled the second
2k3 server, it was on a subnet close to my desk, not in the server room.
Once the machine was confirmed functional and before a mass migration from
one of the 5.5 servers to the new target 2k3 server, I wanted to place the
machine into the server room. So I moved the server, and part of the
process was to change the IP to the subnet supported in the server room. I
changed the IP from xx.xx.201.xx to xx.xx.200.xx. Everything else stayed
the same. I made sure that AD DNS was changed accordingly, and that name
resolution was functional.

Now the problem is: Both of the 2k3 servers can send and recieve from the
5.5 servers, but they can't send or recieve from each other. They could
before the move. When I go and look at the queues for both of the 2k3
servers, I have a little blue arrow on the queue for the opposite 2k3
server, concerning the "SMTP default SMTP virtual server". It notes at the
bottom when highlighted that "the remote server did not respond to a
connection attempt."

DNS seems to be straight, perhaps I should create a new SMTP virtual
server connection. They can ping each other by name.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanx for the help

Bob Hall
SCP