Exchange 2k3 Cluster IIS Problem

  • From: "Jeffrey Moscone" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:39:06 -0800

Greetings-

I have a Microsoft Exchange 2003 2 Node Active/Passive Cluster.

I 'can' connect Outlook 2003 clients to each node when they are active.

I 'can' utilize OMA, OWA, and ActiveSync on one particular node. When
the Cluster Group moves to the other node I 'cannot' use OMA, OWA, and
ActiveSync (page cannot be displayed and can't connect to the
server/synchronization error). Also, my default web site will not
display on that node, but that's not very important at this time.

I have set the two nodes IIS/Virtual Directories configurations the
same. I've also read and tried a Microsoft KB article on how to reset
default web Virtual Directories and this has not helped either.

The two servers utilize their local Inetpub directories and the
\\.\Backoffice(etc.) <file:///\\.\Backoffice(etc.)>  for IIS. Should
this be? Is there a way to set IIS to use the cluster quorum for the
Exchange Virtual Directories? Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

Jeff