Exchange 2k Server as Domain Controller

  • From: "Whitaker, Matthew" <Matthew.Whitaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:08:26 -0700

Let me clarify something.  I already have a GC server.  I also have a
remote DC server that is connected via FR from NJ (I am in AZ).  For
some reason my Exchange server sees the GC server but will not allow me
to select it for as the Enterprise Config Server under Recipient Update

I have a 4 way P3 800 server with 2Gb memory and four 36.4Gb hard-drives
on a Raid5 with only 280 mailboxes yet my Exchange/Outlook is EXTREMELY
slow!!!!!!!  My RPC Operations/SEC are spiking and I can not find a way
to resolve the performace issue.  After watching the network monitor for
awhile I kept seeing it wanting to communicate with the only DC that is
across country.  I was hoping that making it just a simple DC without
any FSMO roles the AL performance will increase.

Has anyone else had performace issues like this??  One hell of a box
with poor performace?
*** Confidential ***
The information in this email is confidential and may be proprietary or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to the sender that you received the message in error and then delete or
destroy the message along with any attachments. Thank you.