Exchange 2K and Win2K migration

  • From: "Lizzy" <lizz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:33:19 -0600

I've been thrown into the deep end at work.  I have been asked to do
something i don't know anything about.

Currently we are running exchange 5.5 on win nt.  But the boss wants to
upgrade to E2K and W2K.  Seeing that the server is mission critical i am
very nervous about running upgrades on it.  So I came up with a
non-stressful idea, i just don't know if it would work.

Is it plausible to do a clean install of W2K and E2K on a new harddrive
(the databases are small) and copy over exchange 5.5 information stores?

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.  References, tips,
anything.  Thanks in advance.