[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2010 and EXchange ActiveSync

  • From: Rob Sharp <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:51:26 +0100

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi James,

The problem I have with that test is that I do not yet think that our Cisco Pix firewall is correctly configure to allow SSL access from the outside world. When I do run it it jsut says:-

Testing TCP port 443 on host mail.example.co.uk to ensure it's listening and open. The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.
         Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

        Additional Details
        A network error occurred while communicating with the remote host.

The name resolves to the correct IP, but I do not think the firewall is setup correctly.

At present all the testing I have been doing is using a mobile phone on our internal wifi network, to try to sidestep the issue of the potentially misconfigured firewall for the moment.

Rob

On 29/05/2012 16:18, James Chong wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
away since you mentioned OWA works using SSL using the same name
mail.domain.com. You don't need personal certs for AS to work. Run the
activesync test here and post results.

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

List Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/exchangelist/ MSExchange Newsletter: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/ MSExchange Blogs: http://blogs.msexchange.org/ -------------------------------------------------------