[ExchangeList] Exchange 2010 SP1 -=- RPC over HTTP being forced to all Clients

  • From: Jack Spradling <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:54:29 +0000

I have upgraded our infrastructure from Exchange 2007 Std. to Exchange 2010 SP1 Std. several months ago and the system is working flawlessly. I recently removed the 2007 Exchange server from the domain and now it seems that all users have been forced to “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP” with all fields in the Exchange Proxy Settings being filled out correctly. For the external users this is great but the internal users are about to revolt due to the duel logons required to get in to Outlook and the HTTPS time out after 4 or so hours.

Any suggestions? I have had no luck with Google searched on this subject.

                                Many thanks to those that receive this list and respond to questions…

Jack Spradling

Information Technology Manager| Michael Angelo's Gourmet Foods, Inc.

Join our Family Table@ http://www.michaelangelos.com/

twitter  |  facebookyoutubefamily table

Find us online for offers, videos, recipes, and company updates!

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.