[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2007 on windows 2003 64bit or 2008 64 bit

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:25:34 -0400

I've deployed Exchange 2007 on Windows 2008.

Whenever possible, that is what I do.

Windows 2008 is quite stable.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith, MCITP:SA,EMA/MCSE/Exchange MVP

My blog: http://TheEssentialExchange.com/blogs/michael

Link with me at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/theessentialexchange

From: Albert Charron <acharron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
bit
To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 8:21 PM

Let's retry that. my previous attempt didn't go through, probably because my
s/mime signature. Here's the message I sent, without the signature this
time:

We are on Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows 2003 64 bits here for at least 7
months now. No problems at all! Deployment went smoothly and maintenance.
what maintenance??? This server is rock solid since I fired it up. The only
problems I have are with GFI MailEssentials (the spam filtering system we
are using) that seems to be a bit buggy on Exchange 2007.

We could have wait for Windows 2008, but we didn't want to pay to debug at
the place of a company located in Redmond.

Albert Charron