[ExchangeList] Exchange 2007 Organitational Issues

  • From: David Sierra Fernández <SieFerDa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:03:39 +0200

Hi all,

Perhaps this question is a bit off topic but I would like to know your opinion as a Exchange Administrators and Managers. In our organization, we are now involved in describe the services we are going to offer to our exchange 2007 users and we have a lot of doubts:

·         Users want to “send as” distribution lists, but we are not sure about the convenience of this…..

·         Users want to include external email address in internal distribution lists (partners, clients,…). This would increase very much de number of email contacts in the exchange organization and we are not sure if the we are going to have problems related to SPF. (For example, someone external sends an email to one of internal lists that contains another external address)

·         Users want to “send on behalf” and “send as” shared mailboxes. We are not sure to allow this since send on behalf is a Microsoft feature and other clients, overall web clients, don’t understand it. “Send as” is a bit dangerous because the sender is hidden but we are aware that this feature is necessary in some cases.

I would be very grateful if you share your experience about this.

TIA

David Sierra

Messaging Administrator

JCYL