[ExchangeList] Exchange 2007 Client Access Role and IMAP

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:59:35 -0500

I have setup a new Exchange 2007 server with the Client Access Role. I am
attempting to access an Exchange 2003 mailbox via IMAP. I have enabled  IMAP
on the Exchange 2007 Client Access Server and I have started the IMAP
service. Connections are successful but I can't authenticate.

 Here is the error dialog Using Outlook Express:

 LOGIN failed.

 Configuration:

   Account: exch-hub1.mydomain.com

   Server: exch-hub1.mydomain.com

   User name: wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxx

   Protocol: IMAP

   Port: 993

   Secure(SSL): 1

   Code: 800cccd1

 I am able to access my exchange 2003 legacy mailbox via OWA through the same
server. I am also able to access the legacy mailbox using an Exchange 2003
Front-End Server.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks

Bill