[ExchangeList] Exchange 2007?

  • From: Jason Davis <JDavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:56:53 -0800

Hello Exchange "Gurus,"

Our company is in the process of upgrading our Exchange Server from ver. 5.5
to the "latest and greatest."  Do any of you see a real need to choose
Exchange Server 2007, instead of Exchange Server 2003?  Our company is very
small (25 mailboxes max) and doesn't require a lot of the "bells and
whistles" which come with the "latest and greatest."  However, I did notice
that ver. 2007 offers Anti-Spam as well as Anti-Virus solutions compared to
ver. 2003.  For those who are running 2007, are the Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus
solutions good enough NOT to install a 3rd party Anti-Virus / Anit-Spam
solution?  I have a current support contract with GFI Mail Essentials.  How
does Exchange 2007's Anti-Spam solution compare with GFI Mail Essentials
ver. 12?

Thanks for any input!

--Jason Davis