Exchange 2003 won't create mailbox?

  • From: "James Dykes" <jdykes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:37:07 -0500

I have just moved to Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 from Exchange 2000 on
Windows 2000. I have not been able to correctly create a new user on the
new server. When I go into Active Directory and create a user everything
is fine except for the fact it won't create the mailbox, everything else
is fine. When I go into AD and check Exchange tasks I have the option to
move/delete the mailbox. I can delete it and create a new one in
Exchange tasks but it still doesn't work. When I go look at the store
the mailbox of the new user won't show.

This is my second user since I have set up the new server. With the
first user I had the same problem but I still had the old Exchange
server running so I just created it on the old box and moved it to the
new box and all is well. However I haven't had the time to go back to
the problem and now the old Exchange server no longer running so I can't
repeat what I did last time.

Is there a permissions issue that I missed when I created the new
Exchange server or am I missing a step? I tell it to create a mailbox in
Ad and I can also do it in Exchange but they both go fine but don't
create the mailbox.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

James