[ExchangeList] Exchange 2003 server in windows 200 domain

  • From: "Byron \(Yahoo\)" <snail945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:38:21 -0700

Exchange 2003 (member server) in windows 2000 domain.   2 windows 200 DCs.
Running for about 1 year with exchange 2003.

now we want to upgrade the domain to windows 2003 and add a new windows 2003 DC
(but not upgrade the older windows 200o DC OSs to windows 2003 -   we want to
retire them).

We've run the follwing on the 2000 DC housing the Schema master and
infrastructure.  both completed successfully

- adprep /forestprep
- adprep /domainprep

- allowed Replication (it's been two days)

Still getting this error when running dcpromo on our new windows 2003 server ,
when tryign to add it as a DC to the oriignal 2000 AD.  Any thoughts on why
we're still gettign this?

"The operation failed because:
The active directory installation wizard cannot continue because the frst is
not prepared for installing windows 2003 .....

"The version of active directory schema of the source forest is not compatible
with the version of AD on this computer"

thanks for any pointers. byron