Re: Exchange 2003 question

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:40:43 -0400

On 9/21/05, Andrew English <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Someone I know wants accomplish the follow.
> 1) Outgoing emails should go out through his/her external mail server
> (Unix) via Exchange

See other responses (Smarthost)

> 2) Mail server incoming messages should be picked up by exchange via the
> Unix mail server.

Unix is not a mail server.  Postfix runs on Unix-based operating
systems; the following configuration transports (via SMTP) all email
destined for to the Exchange server:

cat /usr/local/etc/postfix/ |grep transport smtp:[] is the internal IP of the Exchange server.

> They are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Is there anyway of doing this??

This will work with all versions of Exchange or any other SMTP based
Mail Transfer Agent for that matter.