RE: Exchange 2003 question

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:27:19 -0400

(1) Yes. Specify a "smart host" on the outgoing smtp virtual server (and
any connectors that may be specified)

(2) NEI. I'm not sure what you mean. I would GUESS you mean that the
Unix mail server should hold the external MX and then forward the
messages to Exchange. Certainly Exchange doesn't care. It's more about a
configuration on the Unix server.