Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 shutdown\reboot issue

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:00:28 +0100

Hi all

I have an interesting problem that I hope someone may be able to help me with.
I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 machine. It is a Dell 2600 with
two 3.06 GHz Xeon processors, and 2GB of memory in a RAID 1+5+HS configuration
with 15K rpm Ultra 320 SCSI disks. If I just reboot the box straight from the
GUI it takes 10 minutes just to shutdown before it even starts to reboot. It
just displays "Windows is shutting down" for ten minutes. I have actually timed
it. If I shut down the Exchange 2003 Information Store first it takes about 2
minutes. I hasten to add ths problem only started after Exchange was installed.

Any ideas please? I suspect it something to do with the way\order the services
are shutting down.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.