RE: Exchange 2003 on EMC Clariion 200

  • From: "Bill Witten" <billw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:54:27 -0700

A word of caution: If you are planning to cluster, the entire solution has to
be on the WHQL.  That means the entire solution as a system.  All node machines
and the entire SAN (switches, etc.) must be a single certified solution or it
is not supported.  We see problems with this all of the time.  Customers try to
piece together clusters and then get caught in an unsupported config.
This is particularly painful due to the fact that, by the time they find this
out, they are usually in a critical situation needing support--even though that
support statement has been out there since we started clustering Exchange 5.5.
The other bad part is that is is often mismatches between nodes or problems on
the SAN that caused the critical situation.