Exchange 2003: error 0x8004010f

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server.  Everything is working
fine, Outlook 2003 is receiving emails OK (pushed by server).  However
when I click on "Send/Receive" in Outlook 2003, all the messages seem to
arrive fine but I nevertheless get an error message:

4 of 5 Tasks have completed successfully

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error ( 0x8004010f): 'The
operation failed.  An object could not be found.'

Then curiously, if I leave the dialog box up, maybe 30-60 seconds later,
the error disappears and the message appears:

Microsoft Exchange Server - Receiving  Completed

Any ideas?

TIA
Mike