Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 in Co-existence

  • From: "Christian Ramsammy" <c_ramsammy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:05:31 -0700

About two months ago, we added an exchange 2003 server in co-existence
with Exchange 5.5. We have started moving some of the mailboxes.
Everything is working fine.

We moved a couple users who were using outlook express. But it gives the
following error message when they check email. ----There was a problem
logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account:
'XXXX.com', Server: 'XXXX.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR The
requested mailbox is not available on this server', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92-----

I go to the exchange2003 server and start the Exchange POP3 service. I can
now check email in outlook express, but I am getting emails that dont
belong to me.

Where can I find a procedure or does anyway know what is the best way to
enable POP3 access.

Those users who were not moved to exchange 2003 and remained on the
exchange 5.5 database can use outlook express well without any problems.

Any ideas what can cause this?