RE: Exchange 2003 Upgrade: Installing new Exchange 2003 Front-end server

  • From: Roger Sam <rogersam75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:27:47 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jose,
These documents are great.
I have a questions
I installed windows 2003 standard edition with all latest updates, Connected to
the existing 2000 domain in which all servers has SP4
I am installing Exchange 2003 for the first time and i wanted to know what all
options i need to select while installing exchange 2003 std. edition to make it
appear in existing exchange 2000 group and to make it as front end server.
We have already run exchange 2003 forestprep and then realised that we need to
run adprep /forestprep first. Is that ok if we run adprep /forestprep switch

"Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Roger,

Fortunately your migration to Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2000 is much easier
and straight forward then a migration from Exchange 5.5. Microsoft has done a
very good job documenting the procedures
 however you'll have to do your home work to make sure the project goes
smoothly. Good luck in your migration.