Exchange 2003 Upgrade

  • From: "Justin Maas" <jmaas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:44:19 -0700

Greetings,

I have client who currently has the following setup:

Windows 2000 Server full active directory computer client PC's logon onto
Windows NT 4  SP6 Domain Controller with Exchange 5.5 on it.

What I need to do is install a Windows 2003 Server to be the new Exchange
server, I need to migrate the data from the old NT 4 server to the new
Windows 2003 server.

I am looking to hear from anybody who has don e this recently, I would like
to know any pitfalls or procedures for making this transition easier.

I am also faced with another problem, the old server Exchange 5.5 uses pop3
collector to retrieve mail from an their ISP.

Are their any POP3 collectors that work with Exchange 2003?  I have
recommend that the client switch to hosting there own mail, however due to
the poor quality of their DSL line, the client likes to be able check the
mail at the ISP with Webmail.

Justin W. Maas
MixTec Computer Consultants
*(206) 579-0612