[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2003 Sp2 Error 9175 and 1005

  • From: "James Chong" <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:29:23 -0400

Is the service crashing or stopping gracefully? If crashing, there
should be some debug info, your events logs system should give you some
indication if it's crashing or stopping gracefully events 7031. For
grins run Ntbackup tonight instead of Symantec. Anything in the Symantec
logs? Also set diagnostic logging for dsaccess, let's see if your
Exchange box is having issues communicating with your DCs.

You also mentioned that when this happens IS fails to recover.

Start run drwtsn32 -i

Start run drwtsn32

Check dump symbol table, Dump all threads, Append to existing log file,
Create crash dump. Not where the dump file is created. When you start
the IS service and crashes check to see if the dump file is generated.

James Chong (MVP)

MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+

        Date:  26/06/2007
        Time:  07:45:32
        User:  N/A
        Computer: EXCH003
        The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
        The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either
there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is
down for maintenance.
        The MAPI provider failed.
        Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
        ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

        For more information, click

        Looking for earth-friendly autos?
        Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating"
Dc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ3JlZW5jZW50ZXI->  at Yahoo! Autos' Green