Exchange 2003 SMTP failure

  • From: "Bruce J. Rose" <brose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:05:46 -0400

My exchange server SMTP stops responding 2 times a day.  When the SMTP
stops responding the store reports memory usage of 685MBs.  I also get
event messages stating that "timeout waiting for response from IISADMIN"
also same message for SMPTSRV and RESvc.  I found a tid for this problem
relating to Exchange 2000 and to get a hotfix
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831572     from
MS Tech support.  The server has 1 Gig of memory running W2000 SP4.
Exchange version is 2003 sp1.  The Tid says it's a problem with
timestaps.  Has anyone had this problem and if so have you got it fixed.
When I dismount and mount store memory goes back to 50 MB

Thanks Bruce Rose, MCSE2000, CNE6, CCNA

Echosat Communications

8593898900 234