Re: Exchange 2003 OWA front page

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:14:23 -0400

I am assuming this is a typo:

"I type https:\\mailserver\\exchange"
And you really mean:

Mark Fugatt

From: Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 11:45 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Re: Exchange 2003 OWA front page

Hi Al
Here goes. I point to the MX record and append Exchange on the end. Thus I
type https:\\mailserver\\exchange. I did do a basic test
with HTTP against the box when it was freshly built and thinking about it
did not get the form then either. Just straight to a basic prompt. Also now
I come to think of it our live mail server has the same issue when you point
to http. I have not changed the live server at all of course. Thus it is not
a CA etc etc and thus I do not use OWA on it externally currently and
judging by yet another IIS nightmare I find myself in I may well steer clear
quite honestly. Anyway, I just very briefly opened up the live firewall up
for HTTP to the live Exchange box and tested for OWA connectivity and not
being aware of that page did not think anything of it not being there as I
had never seen it before. Today I saw someone elses box remotely and
discovered something was wrong as they do get the page.
That ASP page is located at Default Web Site, ExchWeb, Bin,
Auth,owalogon.asp in IIS which is at
<> . thats the
good news. However, thats the good news. The bad news is that if you try to
logn from there it just errors instantly. Going to
HTTPS:\\SERVERNAME\exchnage does work still but without the page ever being
Sorry but I am just totally baffled. I just wish it did not reflect every
other experience I have ever had with IIS.
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Paul Lemonidis.