Re: Exchange 2003 OWA front page

  • From: <Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:45:19 +0100

Hi Al

Here goes. I point to the MX record and append Exchange on the end. Thus I type
https:\\mailserver\mydomainname.com\exchange. I did do a basic test with HTTP
against the box when it was freshly built and thinking about it did not get the
form then either. Just straight to a basic prompt. Also now I come to think of
it our live mail server has the same issue when you point to http. I have not
changed the live server at all of course. Thus it is not a CA etc etc and thus
I do not use OWA on it externally currently and judging by yet another IIS
nightmare I find myself in I may well steer clear quite honestly. Anyway, I
just very briefly opened up the live firewall up for HTTP to the live Exchange
box and tested for OWA connectivity and not being aware of that page did not
think anything of it not being there as I had never seen it before. Today I saw
someone elses box remotely and discovered something was wrong as they do get
the page.

That ASP page is located at Default Web Site, ExchWeb, Bin, Auth,owalogon.asp
in IIS which is at https:\\externalservername\exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp.
thats the good news. However, thats the good news. The bad news is that if you
try to logn from there it just errors instantly. Going to
HTTPS:\\SERVERNAME\exchnage does work still but without the page ever being
displayed.

Sorry but I am just totally baffled. I just wish it did not reflect every other
experience I have ever had with IIS.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.