Exchange 2003 OWA front page

  • From: <Paul_Lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:39:45 +0100

Hi all

I think I know the answer to this but just need to know if I am correct and
what to do if I am. I am guessing and I must admit it is a guess at this stage
that this is something to do with forms based authentication.

I have setup a test Windows\Exchange 2003 box on a test network behind a
different firewall to our normal network (the test firewall is a Watchguard
Soho box) with an MX record pointing to an address in our external subnet which
is duly assigned as the external address of the SOHO box. Hence the test box
can send and receive mail fine on its test MX record.

All the changes for full SSL based CA web access have been implemented. The OWA
interface works with one exception. Instead of getting the nice Exchange 2003
page when I first go to the site I just get a logon box and nothing else as in
Exchange 5.5. After logging on all is fine. What, if anything, have I done
wrong and how can I correct this please?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.