[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2003 Event ID 9659

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 06:56:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gideon,

I have looked at the article on MS, and just like you pointed out it is pre -SP2. I have asked the administrator that is in charge of AV, and from my understanding we are not currently excluding any folders from scanning. I think the standard here is McAfee. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

Dave

Gideon12 <gideon12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Check out http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=872963, it describes exactly what you are experiencing with one exception, you are on SP2 and the article is for SP1.

Did you encounter any kind of issues when you installed SP2?

Also, be sure that you don't have any anti-virus software running on your Exchange server that is allowed to scan the transaction logs.  Things do not work well when AV is scanning a log while backup software is trying to commit it.

On 6/5/07, Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Hi Guys,

this is a strange one, but getting pretty critical.

Environment
Windows 2003
Exchange 2003 Sp2
Symantec Backup Exec V10.0
we have been experiencing the following problems everytime we run full backup

The Information Store just craches with the following event ids

Event Id: 9659 - Source MSExchangeIS
Event Id: 1000 - Source Microsoft Exchange Server.

Thanks

Dave