[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2003 Event ID 9659

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 06:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

Correction. The IS crashes even when the backup is not running, so that clears that up.
Below is error code I get in event log. there is not much information out there, and this is becoming a frequent problem
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9659
Date:  04/06/2007
Time:  21:47:35
User:  N/A
Computer: EXCH05
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store encountered an unexpected exception 0xC0000005 at address 00412CAB while processing a request for user veritas.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
0000: 45 00 63 00 44 00 6f 00   E.c.D.o.
0008: 52 00 70 00 63 00 45 00   R.p.c.E.
0010: 78 00 74 00 00 00         x.t...

James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does it crash if you run a full backup using NTbackup. Does the event log show any specific error codes or any additional info?
James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+