Exchange 2003 Enterprise Questions

  • From: "Tom Rogers" <trogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:59:35 -0700

I have one Exchange Server 2003 with the latest SP, in a Windows 2003 AD
network.

1) In order for me to upgrade my Exchange server to Windows 2003 server, I
have to re-order the RAID configuration because I only have 1.2 GB disk
space on the C: drive, not enough for the install. Because of this, I have
to reformat and reinstall my OS, Exchange, SAVCE for Exchange, etc - all
software.

How do I keep my settings and profiles, etc in Exchange, to do this? Is it
ok for me to bring down my Exchange services, file level backup the stores
and off-load them to another storage device, reinstall everything then
bring them back over?

2) Is there a way to automatically append a disclaimer on every email that
leaves our company, in Exchange 2003? (Like there was in Exchange 5.5 -
without having to write VB Scripts?)

Thanks for any help and advice.

-Tom