RE: Exchange 2003 ESM manage Exchange 2000

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:45:42 -0800

Exchange 2000 ESM will not install on Windows Server 2003 as far as I know.

There are 3 servers involved in this issue.
Server1 Windows 2000 server with SQL server, DC, DNS
Server2 Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000
Server3 Windows Server 2003 DC, DNS, WINS, DHCP, File server, Print server

I need to demote server1 (there is another DC at a different location) and
clean it up only leaving the SQL server installed there.

Wait a minute. I had asked before if Exchange 2000 ESM will install on
Windows Server 2003 and was told no. (In fact, by Al) However, a light bulb
just went off in my head (ouch) and I check and I have Exchange 2000 ESM
installed on a Windows Server 2003 at another client.

I am soooooooooooooooooooo confused.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You