RE: Exchange 2003 ESM manage Exchange 2000

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:59:18 -0500

I couldn't feign to answer the legality question although I suspect a
license is required.

As for technically can you do this?  It *might* work although the stated
best practice (and supported last I checked) is to use the 2000 tools for
the 2000 servers and the 2003 tools for the 2003 servers.  Additionally, you
would have to extend the schema to install the 2003 tools making it not so
much fun to do. Assuming it were legal.

What do you need to do that the 2000 tools won't do?  Just admin it on a
2003 machine?