[ExchangeList] Exchange 2003 Distribution List issues

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:38:18 -0400

Hello all,

   Recently - I have been getting reports that messages sent to random
different DL's are not being delivered to all members of the DL. The
members are all internal employees - no external addresses.

   I can run a message trace in the Admin Console, and it shows the
messages being delivered successfully, but when searching the users'
maibox (including deleted item retention and PST's) I can not find the
messages.  Generally this type of issue can be chalked up to the
recipient accidentally deleting it or moving it - but not in these
cases.

   On top of this, we have an e-mail archival service that keeps a copy
of all e-mails sent to or received by a user (Frontbridge Continuity
Services). Even in this utility, the messages have not been copied to
the archive which leads me to believe the message was not delivered.

   So - any ideas why Message Tracker shows the message as having been
delivered to the store but never actually showing up in the recipients
mailbox?  Oh - I had this occur once last week when a message was sent
to about 30 people (no DL) and all but one of our employees received it.

Very confused and I welcome your input.

Regards,
Chris