Re: Exchange 2003 Cluster Question

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:18:20 -0800

Hi Jeff,

You can use a NAS device using the ISCSI Initatator as long as the snap server has ISCSI Target software. However if this is to be a heavily used server I would recommend against this unless it's on it's own Gigabit or better LAN.
HP has a MSA 500 with Direct Attached Storage ( DAS ) which is low cost and supports clustering. If you already have the servers that you want to use, take a look at the HP MSA 1500, that is what I am using in our QA IT Staging lab and I am very happy with it.

Jose

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey Moscone" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>