RE: Exchange 2003, Archiving and PST's

  • From: "Phillip C. Roberts" <proberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:59:18 -0400

It has just been a long time since I have worked with exchange and I am not
leading the implementation project.

The issue is that the company has been implementing a 3rd party email server
and the users already have large pst files.  I have concerns about migrating
the users over to exchange and being and or maintaining the server/store
under the 18G limit.  A policy must first be established as to the length of
time that emails will be archived or stored in another means.

I do Thank You greatly for you input and I think I now know enough to move
forward....

Phil