Exchange 2003, Archiving and PST's

  • From: "Phillip C. Roberts" <proberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:12:02 -0400

We are in the process of moving from a 3rd party email package to Exchange
Server 2003.  We currently utilize Outlook as the email client.  My
questions are these:

1.  When we move to Exchange, the user's pst files will reside on the
exchange server?  The reside within the store?  Is this correct?

2.  How does archiving with respect to a pst work within the realm of
exchange 2003?  When I have the parameters set to archive my pst does the
archive portion on the pst file take of room in the store?  Or, is there and
archive file that is created and located outside of the exchange server?

Thanking you in advance for your input into this....

Phillip C. Roberts