RE: Exchange 2003

  • From: "harish kumar" <sharish88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 09:30:12 +0000

Hi Vish,

This is our Existing Exchange server 5.5 setup

Windows 2000 server ADS, server name AD1 and local IP 192.168.15.3

we installed Exchange server 5.5 server in Windows 2000 server OS HP server, Server Name MX1 and Local IP 192.168.15.25.

Also we configured Smart host in Exchange 5.5 and Smart host server in our Head Office.

This Exchange server 5.5 working fine.

Now we have plan to freshly install Exchange 2003.

So we installed Windows 2003 server,configured ADS. The server windows 2003 server name AD1 and Local IP 192.168.15.3.

And installed Exchange 2003 server in windows 2003 OS, server name MX1 and Local IP 192.168.15.25. then we configured receipent polices and SMTP Connector.

These server names and IP's what we gave in widows 2000 AD and Exchange server 5.5.

Where as in Exchange 2003 we can send mail to other domain like yahoo,rediff and hotmail but we could not receicve mail also we didn't get NDR.

When we checking Exchange 2003 we will shut down our existing Exchange 5.5.

I think now you can understand well.

Thanks and Advance

Harish

From: <vishukumarh@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange 2003
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 05:11:15 -0800 (PST)

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi Harish

I can understand u r problem,

1. Your Old exchange server is working fine, becuase,
your smart server is re-directing mails to your old
ex-server ip.

You can just use old exchange server IP (and all other
Domain...etc) on you r new server by keepng old server
out-of network and try.

Here Point is that, U r smart host has MX recors
pointing to your OLD exchange IP / server, U can ask U
r server hosting people to change MX record as per new
server IP.

Hope u understood.
bye

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL ? Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com