RE: Exchange 2003

  • From: "Deni Jakovljevic" <Deni.Jakovljevic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:12:35 +1100

Hi Kumar,

Sounds like a DNS (missing/incorrect MX record) or SMTP routing issue

How or have you setup your routing between your exchange 5.5/ exchange
2003 servers?

Have you changed the default SMTP port 25 to something else?

Do you have any SMTP gateway(s) somewhere between your exchange server
and the internet? This may also need to be reconfigured. Can you provide
some additional info?

Eg.

Internet Email -> SMTP Server/Gateway -> Exchange5.5 -> Exchange 2003

Internet Email -> SMTP Server/Gateway -> Exchange 2003 -> Exchange 5.5

Internet Email -> Exchange 5.5 -> Exchange 2003

Internet Email -> Exchange 2003 -> Exchange 5.5

Internet Email -> SMTP Gateway1 or SMTP Gateway2 -> Exchange
2003/Exchange 5.5